All-on-4® Dental Implants: A Full Arch Replacement Solution
Using just four dental implants placed at an angle to support a fixed full-arch replacement, Dr. Michael McCartney can rebuild your smile with the All-on-4® dental implants treatment concept. An excellent option for patients who do not qualify for traditional dental implants due to bone loss, the All-on-4 method has been gaining popularity since its first use in 1998. Skilled and knowledgeable in dental implant treatment, Dr. McCartney can help you determine if All-on-4 dental implants are right for you during a consultation at Adel Dental Associates in Adel, GA.
About the All-on-4 Treatment Concept
The All-on-4 technique is a groundbreaking method that has succeeding in providing full-arch restoration for patients with limited jawbone tissue. In years past, patients with significant bone loss could not qualify for dental implants without undergoing a considerable bone grafting procedure. Even after grafting, some patients simply lack the foundation necessary for successful implant treatment. The All-on-4 concept maximizes your existing bone by strategically angling the implants. Typically, two straight implants are placed in the front portion of the jaw, and two angled implants are placed in the back portion.
Because this revolutionary concept uses only four implants per arch, it is substantially more affordable than full-arch replacement using traditional implants.
Benefits of the All-on-4 Technique
Since its implementation, thousands of patients have enjoyed the advantages of the All-on-4 dental implant method. The benefits of All-on-4 implants include:
- Faster Treatment Time: Because of the nature of this procedure, treatment can be performed much quicker than traditional dental implant placement.
- Stability: When your prosthesis is attached to dental implants for support, there is little to no shifting or movement. This is a significant improvement over traditional dentures.
- No Bone Grafting: While there are always exceptions to the rule, most patients will not have to undergo any bone grafting procedures to qualify for the All-on-4 technique. This is because the implants are strategically placed with the purpose of utilizing existing dense jawbone.
- Non-Removable: Typically, All-on-4 implants are restored with a fixed bridge, providing normal function and an improved quality of life.
- Improved Oral Health: Because dental implants stimulate the jawbone, further bone atrophy can be prevented, keeping your jawbone healthy.
- Immediate Restoration: In most cases, your fixed restoration can be attached the same day as your implant surgery. This is a significant advantage over traditional implants, which require several months of healing before the prosthesis can be connected.
- Cost-Effective: Because this revolutionary concept uses only four implants per arch, it is substantially more affordable than full-arch replacement using traditional implants. An implant-supported denture using conventional implants typically requires six to seven implants per arch.
- Less Invasive: In most cases, the surgical procedure required for placement of the All-on-4 implants is much less invasive than the traditional method.
- High Success Rate: Dental implants are lauded by most dentists as the superior teeth replacement option available on the market today. Research has confirmed that the All-on-4 technique produces satisfactory, long-term results.
Learn More about the All-on-4® Dental Implant Concept
If you have been told you are not a candidate for traditional implants due to insufficient jawbone tissue, All-on-4 dental implants could be the solution for you. At Adel Dental Associates, we can help you determine a treatment option that will effectively meet your needs while maximizing your budget. To schedule a consultation with Dr. McCartney, reach out to one of our staff members. You can call our office at (229) 896-7679 or contact us online anytime.
“Adel Dental Associates is here to provide comprehensive, family-oriented care in a comfortable environment with a team that makes dental visits fun.” - Dr. McCartney